Link building in SEO is the process of earning links on different websites across the internet. Earning natural links improves the reputation of your website, and that is an effective factor to determine ranking in search engine results.
Why is link building in SEO is important?
Top 5 reasons why SEO webmasters prioritize link building:
- Backlinks hold great influence in Google’s algorithm.
- It’s the most important factor that drives organic traffic to websites.
- They are useful in increasing brand awareness.
- Good backlinks are like a positive recommendation that shows search engines a website deserves to rank higher.
- Backlinks are important because they are one of the best ways for search engines to determine how trustworthy your website is.
What are high-quality backlinks?
There are plenty of criteria Google considers to create quality backlinks such as:
- It comes from a trusted source.
- Google doesn’t like paid links, and it could be penalized if they found you bought a link. So the links you build must look natural.
- The links should be do-follow because no following backlinks are less useful in terms of SEO.
How to build quality links?
Before starting to link building campaigns, you need to have great content. It’s necessary because people will follow links then bounce away rapidly if they didn’t find anything useful. It’s known as pogo-sticking, and it affects your search engine ranking.
Make sure to build links to content that is relevant, informative, and trustworthy.
Put these in action:
- Create a powerful content marketing strategy.
- Use great headlines that describe content to search engines.
- Follow keyword optimization so people can easily find in search results.
- Use eye-catching images to elaborate content because images can be used for link building.
Let’s look at how to build the most effective links.
All links are not similar, so you need to be very attentive while starting a link building campaign. Build links for your company, for your consumers, and make them relevant with great content.
Ensure that the links you build are natural, and Google doesn’t consider that you’re trying to manipulate its search algorithm.
As an SEO expert at the YellowFin Digital marketing agency, here I suggest you some tips to follow for quality link building. It’s all about relevancy, quality, and user focus.
Link exchange is a good idea, so do reciprocal linking that makes sense from a user’s view.
Content is king, so when you link to high-value content, you can set your website as a trusted source. If other websites reciprocate the link, then it’s like a bonus.
It’s a great way to write blog posts that link back to your website. Create links naturally and don’t stuff the text with keywords far from natural because it’ll get you in trouble.
Use rich keywords or navigational phrases is a better option.
Web Directory Links
The best directories provide valuable information to your potential customers.
The key to link building is relevancy, so building links in directories attached to informative websites relevant to your business are advantageous for you.
Comments on posts
Participate in an active discussion on a blog that is relevant to your business and post the comment that adds value to the discussion and link to your website by using rich keywords in anchor texts.
Create high-quality content and promote your website on various social media such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and etc. that attract natural backlinks.
Use attractive images in your content related to the information as it can be useful for quality link building.
Competitor analysis for backlinks
Analyze the competitor’s backlinks and try to get if you don’t have them. You can use various tools to explore common backlinks.
Start to make reports for numbers of competitors and also discover competitor’s techniques.
It might be possible that you’ll find broken links to your website. Such problems occur mostly after the re-launching of the website.
It would be best if you redirected these broken links to some other page.
Try to recover those links either by creating a page or redirecting them to another existing page.
As you’ve seen, there are plenty of ethical ways to link building for SEO.
YellowFin Digital is an award-winning marketing agency that provides various internet marketing services, and our experts manage powerful link building strategies that can improve search ranking, leads, and sales.